Marietta Gädeke is an expert on communication and strategic empathy. She founded her company Lilit Communications (aka Gädeke.Media) in 2008. All over Germany, Lilit offers training, coaching and consulting for communication and intercultural competence. She studied English, Communication Studies and Economics and graduated with distinction in 2010 from her M.A. studies at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany, and the Université de Bourgogne in Dijon, France. The German ministry of economics awarded her the title “role model entrepreneur” in 2014.
Her theoretical expertise matches her rhetorical finesse: She won the German Championships in Debate in 2007 and reached the Quarterfinals of the World Universities Debate Championship (WUDC) in both 2011 and 2012. Be it in debate, in seminars for the German army or in coaching politicians – she always managed to succeed in male dominated fields. Her earned her reputation in project management, crisis management and intercultural competence while heading the organisation of two World Debate Championships: Berlin, Germany, and Chennai, India. Both projects lasted over several years and included a team of nearly 200 employees and over 1200 participants from all over the world.
She uses this first-hand experience in her leadership seminars. A hands-on approach, activating seminar methods and practical advice for challenging situations mark her approach. Marietta Gädeke takes complex theories and lets her participants grasp what that means in terms of everyday decision-making and behavior. This is what Lilit is all about: the highest degree of professionalism, engaging expert knowledge and leadership that leads her customers to excellence. Marietta Gädeke’s work is about lasting effects on organisations and companies. That is why Lilit takes great care to always be up to date – in the spirit of our motto: „Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.”
- M.A. studies at the university of Mainz, Germany, and the Université de Bourgogne, Dijon, France. Graduated with distinction (1,3)
- Leadership Academy of the German Army: Three week seminar “Methods and Didactics”
- Certification by ICU as intercultural trainer for the “Intercultural potential Analysis”
- Erasmus University Rotterdam (Netherlands): One week seminar at the Dutch Anglo-Saxon Parliamentary Debating Insitute (DAPDI)
- International Debate Academy Slovenia: One week seminar “Debate and the EU”
Awards and Achievements
- Winner of the German Debate Championships 2007, Best Speaker of the Final
- ESL-Quarterfinals of the World Universities Debating Championship 2012 in Manila, Philippines
- ESL-Quarterfinals of the World Universities Debating Championship 2011 in Gaborone, Botswana
- Adjudicator of the ESL-Quarterfinal at the European Universities Debate Championship 2013 in Manchester, UK
- Awarded the title “Role Model Entrepreneur” by the German federal ministry of education in 2014
Entrepreneur at Lilit – Rhetorics, Presence, Communication:
Focus on intercultural competence and communication. Work with customers from diverse backgrounds (industry, politics, high-ranking officers of the German military). Spokeswoman for several organisations like the SchulKinoWochen Hessen (2014-2016) and the Junge Streicherakademie Annette Seyfried (2015 – present).
Head of the International Organisation Committee
of the World Universities Debate Championship in Chennai, India.
One year consulting of the international project: project management, crisis management and intercultural consulting. Leading of the event by heading a team of over 150 and coordinating over 1200 international participants,
Chief of Staff of the World Universities Debate Championship in Berlin:
Staff management (200 volunteers), internal communications, organisation building and wrap-up, team development, administration and taking the lead of the event itself. Two-year international project management with a diverse staff from over 20 countries for over 1400 international participants.
German Debate Society:
Managing Board of the alumni organisation, in charge of internal communication.
Prime Research International F.A.Z.-Institute:
PR-Consulting with a focus on Media-analysis and market research
Rhetoric and Communication
National and international Debate-Adjudicator
- Adjudicator of the ESL-Quarterfinal at the European Universities Debate Championship 2013
- Adjudicator of the Open Finals at several tournaments e.g. Vienna IV, Paris IV and Stockholm 2013
- Chief Adjudicator of the German Debate Championships 2009
- Chief Adjudicator of the ZEIT Debate Göttingen and the ZEIT Debate Potsdam 2008
Rhetoric & Debate Coach national & international
- Since 2003 member, coach & president (retired) of the Debating Society Johannes Gutenberg
- 2005 – 2010: Debate workshops for teachers and pupils in Germany
- 2007: Trainer at the National Rhetoric Training Course of the Association of German Speaking University Debating Societies
2013 & 2014
Stay abroad in Israel
Cooperation with Michael Shapira, Israeli Institute of Rhetoric
Stay abroad in India
Head of the International Organisation Committee of the World Universities Debate Championship in Chennai, India.
2010 & 2013
Stay abroad in India
Work with the social project „Maher“ for socially disadvantaged women and children
Stay abroad in France
Studies at the Université de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Stay abroad in England
Advanced Level Language Certificate at the Margate Language Centre
(accredited by the British Council)
English Studies, with a focus on Cultural Studies UK at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz
German: native speaker
English: excellent, native speaker standard
Hindi, Arab, Turkish: beginner
All Lilit trainings are available in both German and English